Monday, 15 February 2016

DIY Foaming Hand Soap

Making your own foaming hand soap is really quite easy and it's not hard to tailor the recipe to suit.

Foaming Hand Soap


To make this you will need:

Liquid Castile Soap
Vegetable Glycerine
Water
Essential oil (optional)
Sweet Almond Oil (optional)

Add 2-4 tablespoons of liquid castile soap, 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerine, 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil (if using) and 5-6 drops of essential oil (sweet orange, lemon, peppermint or lavender are all good options) to the bottle. Fill the bottle to about 3/4 full with water (you need to allow room for the foaming pump). Cap the bottle with the pump and shake to combine the ingredients. Done!

For a budget version you could just use liquid castile and water. 

Vegetable glycerine has moisturising benefits. Plus it improves both foaming action and consistency for a better end product. 

The sweet almond oil is a great moisturising addition, but you could easy substitute rice bran, olive or even avocado oil.





You may also like to try:



I link up here




19 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I can see it being a wonderful gift idea too!
    --G
    gingerwroot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made mine with just the Castile soap and water. I'll have to try the other ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to save this so I can make it later this month. I've have been wanting to find a good recipe for hand soap. I'm so glad I ran across this one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make my own foaming soap, now I'm just waiting to get a empty foam soap dispenser so I can give it a try. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this seems really easy, thanks for sharing. Followed you here from the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural party, pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an easy recipe! Thank you for sharing it on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing with Merry Monday this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your soap-making post at the Over the Moon Link Party. See you at OTM #11!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so delighted that you shared your healthy, natural DIY Foaming Hand Soap with us at the Healthy Happy Green Natural Party! I'm Pinning and sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Mom would love this soap! Thanks for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this DIY recipe for hand soap. I always like using Castile soap. Shared on Twitter & pinned. Visiting from Homestead blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cool! I had no idea it was possible to make the foaming hand soap with such a simple ingredient list. Thank you so much for sharing at Inspiration Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your soap tutorial at Our Simple Homestead hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am determined to give making my own soap a try one of these days! I will do it! Thank you for sharing it at Country Fair Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been considering making soaps, but I was always thinking about the bar kind. This is a great idea, I never would have thought to make hand soap. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you have the ingredients this liquid soap is quick and easy to make. But, do have a go at making bar soap - I have been for a few years now and love it!

      Delete
  17. Really fun project!
    Thanks!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really great very nice blog post. Thanks for sharing this interesting and very informative hand soap refill bag

    ReplyDelete