Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Five Uses for Rosemary

Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is a culinary herb that can be used in skin and hair care. Essential oil is extracted from the leaves.

1. Hair Care


Rosemary is said to stimulate hair follicles for longer and stronger hair. An infusion of rosemary leaves can be used as a rinse for dark hair. It can also cleanse an oily scalp and may help to relive some of the symptoms of dandruff.

2. Skin Care


Rosemary has anti-microbal and antiseptic properties that may help in the treatment of skin irritations such as dermatitis and eczema or oily skin and acne. When included in massage oil blends it can help alleviate dryness.

3. Mouth Wash


Rosemary oil can act as a disinfectant and is often used in or as a mouthwash.

 

4. Mental Stimulant


In aromatherapy rosemary is often used for stress relief. It is said to aid concentration and help with mental fatigue and forgetfulness.

5. Health Benefits


Rosemary is said to strengthen the immune system, stimulate blood circulation, help with respiratory infections and relieve pain.






NOTE: Do not use rosemary essential oil if you are pregnant,  breastfeeding or epileptic. It may cause allergic reactions so use with care.

You may like to try: Peppermint Rosemary Foot Scrub

I link up here.


7 comments:

  1. I have a few skin care products with rosemary included and I really think they are fabulous. Rosemary is definitely something I'll be planting this year. Thanks for sharing at Inspiration Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good to know, I have a Rosemary plant and I just love the smell and sometimes use it for cooking, but that's all! now I will have more uses for it! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration #6! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few products with Rosemary oil in them, but didn't know that it was used so much. It is wonderful stuff! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always keep a bottle of rosemary essential oil on hand. It is one of my favorites so thank you for sharing its many benefits with us at the Healthy Happy Green Natural Party! I’m Pinning and sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been nursing and pregnant for 4 years, no wonder I don't know as much about this oil!

    Thanks so much for sharing at #bloggerspotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love growing rosemary in the home garden, and find it makes a great ornamental as well as culinary plant. Thanks for sharing your tips. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a new rosemary plant for my garden so I'm excited to read what I can use it for. Thanks for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop! I pinned!

    ReplyDelete